Contributed post from The Style Barn:
Looking to restock your shelves after a hectic holiday season? I know we are aaaaall over the cold weather and ready for fresh spring trends, but weather is unpredictable so it’s best to keep your eye out for a few seasonal pieces while you buy for SS18 at January Apparel & Accessories Market.
FW17 seemed to incorporate a combination of 90’s goodness (checkered flannel), 60’s cuteness (galactic-printed dresses), color (silver), fur (both real and faux), and more. Here's what I've been coveting:
- Pompous Puffers (Puffer coats) – Go big or go home! Opt for a bright color like pink, orange, or cobalt blue.
Pictured - Ciao Milano (D. Reeves & Company, WTC 15325
- Fab Fur (Multicolored and Vintage-inspired) – Colder temps call for big and bold real or (faux) coats. Speaking of real, hit up your local consignment shop steals on the real deal.
- Working Girl – Did somebody say pencil skirt? This season, take your office wear outside of the office. Experiment with plaid blazers, fitted skirts, and chiffon tops.
- All of the (dots) – Spottie Dottie ain’t got nothing on this season’s biggest trend. Opt for subtle or massive, dotted prints.
Pictured - Why Dress (WTC 13-408 SCENE Temps)
- Think Pink – Pink is fair game for this season; and why not opt for that pink faux fur you’ve been eyeing? Or that pink sequined dress.
Pictured - 143 Story (WTC 12-3318)
Elle.com's FW2017’s Top Runway Trends:
Still need some inspiration? Well, there’s more!
- Vintage-Inspired Furs
- Glitteratti Boots
- Western Front
- 70’s Plaid
- Retro Hats
- Victorian Collars
- Leisure Suits
- Broad Shoulders
- Nylon Coats
- Deconstructed Classics
- Couch Florals
- Mid-Length Skirts
- Chocolate Brown
- Wide Belts
- Russian Doll Vibes
- Shearling Jackets
- Formal Velvet
- Belted Coats