Plan Ahead, Safely
Dallas Market Center is committed to balancing good health with good business. As you plan your next trip to the marketplace, we've gathered important updates and guidelines into this one location. Please review the below information which includes on-site measures, registration information, travel tips, dining options and more.
We've always prided ourselves in creating a friendly, inspiring and comfortable marketplace but now we are also focused on extra measures to ensure that Dallas Market Center is safe to visit and is promoting good health and strict social distancing.
The good news is that local COVID-19 cases have declined by more than 70% since the summer. We have also hosted multiple events over the past four months, successfully welcoming buyers into the marketplace with strict measures to support good health. So rest assured that we are creating the safest possible destination.
Along with these new steps we are taking, there are safety measures that are part of the design of our marketplace: open parking, large entryways, quick registration in multiple areas, wide hallways, multiple escalators, and showrooms with controlled access to allow for the appropriate distance between customers.
While on campus, everyone should follow the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control regarding good hygiene, sanitation, and social distancing. Those details are available here. And note that showrooms are expected to follow the County order for face coverings, to have hand sanitizer visible and functional; and to wipe down all surfaces with antibacterial cleaner regularly.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Local COVID-19 Casecount Update: A Sharp Decline
Dallas County continues to report case counts that are down more than 70% from the summer. In addition, Dallas Market Center is located in a low vulnerability and transmission ZIP code.
graph source: Dallas County
Steps For You To Take
Mask Up. Temperature Scanning. Social Distancing. Here's what you can do.
- Medical masks or face coverings are required per Dallas County order. These masks or coverings must be worn at all times throughout the building except while eating in designated locations. If a buyer arrives without a mask, they will be issued one by DMC. Customers without face covering will not be granted access. Face coverings must cover the nose and mouth.
- Every person entering the buildings will be temperature screened once a day for an elevated temperature. Available entrances will include World Trade Center front, garage, and Dock 1; Trade Mart front and West entrance; and IHDC front entrance. Once inside, each person will be quickly temperature checked each day--this includes showroom personnel, buyers, staff, and contractors. Each person will receive a colored sticker in order to proceed into the marketplace. Anyone with a temperature above 100 will be escorted to a waiting area and screened a second time. Anyone with a consistently elevated temperature will not be allowed into the marketplace.
- Anyone who has been in contact with anyone ill in the last 14 days, who is feeling ill themselves, or who has symptoms outlined by the Texas Department of State Health Services should not enter Dallas Market Center. Details on symptoms are available here.
- Social distancing guidelines will be strictly enforced including the following:
- No gatherings in hallways or common areas;
- Observe a six-foot distance between yourself and others, even inside showrooms;
- Respect social distancing in restrooms;
- Elevators are limited to a maximum of two people at a time;
- Escalators should be used with 3 escalator steps between each person.
- Please wash hands frequently and/or use one of the more than 100 hand sanitizer stations through the marketplace.
Steps DMC is Taking
Masking Up. Washing and Cleaning. Helping With Quicker Entry. Here's what we are doing.
- All DMC staff will wear a protective mask or a face covering.
- All DMC staff will be temperature checked daily and will be regularly screened for signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19 and will be sent home for quarantine if exhibiting any symptoms.
- Staff entering the facility will wash hands and/or sanitize hands.
- The buildings will maintain daily enhanced cleaning and maintain hand sanitizer stations including at registration areas. Hard surfaces will be cleaned with hospital-grade cleaners with special attention to doorways and doorknobs, counters, elevators and elevator buttons, floor-by-floor handrails and escalator handrails.
- All staff will observe social distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Registration will be low-contact including "scan, print, and go" methods for buyers who have pre-registered and received a FastPass.
- We will not offer valet nor shuttles for the time being.
The FastPass: Get In Quick
For low-contact, quicker entry, the FastPass is your best option. By visiting dallasmarketcenter.com and letting us know which market you are planning to attend, we will instantly send a FastPass via email. Once you arrive at market, simply show us your FastPass email (printed or on your mobile device), we will scan it, and your badge will print automatically. It's that easy.
These guidelines have been gathered by Dallas Market Center's travel division, Market Travel (214.744.7444, firstname.lastname@example.org). Only Market Travel offers complete travel planning for your journey including partner hotels with special rates and airline discounts.
Hotel Updates: health & safety details from select partner hotels. For more complete information contact Market Travel
Hilton Anatole: mask required. no valet. no shuttle. mobile check-in available. restaurant open. no room service. room cleaning by request. gym open.
Holiday Inn Market Center: mask required. no valet. no shuttle. mobile check-in available. restaurant closed. no room service. room cleaning by request. gym open.
Renaissance Dallas: mask required. no valet. no shuttle. mobile check-in available. restaurant open. room service available. room cleaning by request. gym open.
Sheraton Dallas Hotel: mask required. valet available. no shuttle. mobile check-in available. restaurant open. room service available. room cleaning pre-arrival and post check-out or by request. gym open.
Sheraton Suites Market Center: mask required. no valet. no shuttle. mobile check-in available. restaurant open with limited menu. no room service. no housekeeping for stays less than four days. gym open.
Airlines Updates: health and safety links for major airlines
American Airlines: details available here on American's Clean Commitment.
Delta Airlines: details available here on Delta CareStandard.
Southwest Airlines: details available here on Southwest's operational details and cleaning process.
United Airlines: details available here on What To Expect.
There are currently no shuttles operating at Dallas Market Center; so either plan to drive in to market and park at one of our 8,000 free parking spaces or take advantage of rideshare options. We've worked with several services to offer exclusive deals for market guests. A complete overview is available here.
Alto: Visit the website of this Dallas-based company for details on their Clean Safe Rides. Then use Code: DALLASMARKET for a 30% discount on each ride!
Lyft: Their commitment to safety is outlined here. They are picking up and dropping off at hotels and market. No discounts available at this time.
Whether at market or out on the town, there are important details for enjoying a full plate of options. At market, we will have dining options for sit down and grab-and-go. For up-to-the-minute details, visit the market page for each show, which includes dining information. Outside the market center, local restaurants are open for inside dining and patio service. We have gathered some favorite options in one location so you can plan ahead for bites and drinks. Check it out right here.
For Further Information